South Leicestershire Badminton Club (Adults)
Our Senior Club is affiliated to Badminton England (CL000083) and has received accreditation as a Badminton England Premier Club and Sport England Clubmark.
For season 2023/24 these club sessions are on Friday night commence Friday 1st
September 2023 from 7.30pm – 10.00pm until 26th April 2024.
Suitable for intermediate to advanced standard players.
Visitors Fees are £7, and 6 visits are allowed before joining.
Visitors fees are taken off the joining fee.
We have Ladies, Mens and Mixed teams in all divisions of Leicestershire Leagues.
Home league matches are normally held on a club night session when two of the four courts would be used.
For further information or to join a club night please contact Lorraine MacNeill (Club Secretary) on 07903 812615 or e-mail email@example.com
South Leicestershire Badminton Junior Club.
We are a friendly Junior club who welcomes players from 8-18 years regardless of previous experience or ability. We offer structured sessions for learning and fun too! Members are invited to play in external tournaments when appropriate. We follow their guidance in our code of conduct for young people and other policies.
The club currently during the Schools Autumn, Spring & Summer Terms have the following sessions on Friday evenings at Broughton Astley Leisure Centre, Broughton Way, Broughton Astley, Leicestershire, LE9 6 AZ.
- 5:00pm to 6:00pm – Sessions are really aimed at aged 8 to 15 years (school years 3 to 10).
- 6:00pm to 7:30pm – Sessions are really aimed at aged 14 to 18 years (school years 10 to 13)
Dependant on numbers players aged 11 to 13 (from school years 7/8/9)may be accepted to the 6:00pm to 7:30pm session based on their playing ability.
We have Badminton England level 1 and 2 coaches , plus adult volunteers in attendance and cater for players of both beginner and intermediate ability levels.
- All weeks will include an element in respect of Preparing to Play activities, Single & Double Ladders, Fun & Conditioned Games.
- Within each week the tasks will be adjusted on the various courts to reflect the needs of all the players’ abilities (i.e., beginner / intermediate).
- Children will have the opportunity to take part in Badminton England “The Racket Pack” award scheme.
- The Six Sigma method of DMAIC (i.e., Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, and Control) will be used at various stages over the weeks in relation to a selected range of shot skills by using either Yonex Mavis 300 of both medium & fast speeds or Yonex AS30 Feather shuttles.
- A BKL Automatic Shuttlecock Launcher will also be available to be used.
- The FocusX2 analysis software programme tool using captured video footage of the player’s movements will also be used at various stages over the Autumn, Spring & Summer Terms to help improve player’s technical & tactical skills.
- This would only apply when permission for the young person had been given on the enrolment form to be filmed or photographed during any coaching/club sessions.
Members of the club also have the opportunity to attend trials with a view to attending training sessions at Team Leicestershire Performance Centre, which is linked to the Leicestershire Schools Badminton Association, who run the Junior County Teams.
For further information or to join a session please contact Ray Phipkin (Club Head Coach) on 07582 195940 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Lorraine MacNeill (Club Secretary) on 07903 812615 or e-mail email@example.com